Good news today for those looking to pick up the new Moto X here in Canada. It will make its Canadian debut tomorrow (October 1) through TELUS Mobility. The carrier will be its exclusive carrier (at least for now) and will offer it in black initially. While Canada will once again miss out on Moto Maker and the ability to customize it, TELUS is also bringing a bamboo variant but not for today’s launch.
Moto X (2014) specifications:
- Processor: 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC)
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+/GRPS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: 802.11 ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD (1920×1080/423PPI) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16GB/32GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Ports: 3.5mm audio jack
- Battery: 2,300mAh
- Dimensions: 140.8 × 72.4 × 9.97 millimeters
- Weight: 144 grams
- Colours: Customizeable thorugh MotoMaker
- Other: Front-facing speakers
Along with the improved hardware, Motorola has made a number of improvements to its software, including Moto Voice (known before as Touchless Controls) and Moto Display (once know as Active Notification).
With Motorola already having confirmed that the original Moto X will be updated to Android L, it is almost certain that it will also update its latest flagship device. All we need is Motorola’s official confirmation of this.
TELUS will offer the Moto X (2014) for CA$100 with a two-year contract or CA$600 outright. The Moto 360 smartwatch is also coming to TELUS but will launch later this fall. No specific availability date is yet available.
Will you be picking up a Moto X tomorrow? Let us know below.