Much as Samsung did with the Galaxy S5 LTE-A, LG today announced an LTE-Advanced variant of its LG G3 flagship smartphone. The key differences are the Qualcomm Gobi 9 × 35 LTE Advanced Cat 6 Modem that supports download speeds up to 225Mbps and the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor paired with an Adreno 420 GPU.
Other specifications are unchanged but the two hardware changes outlined make the LG G3 Cat.6 slightly heavier and thicker than the original model.
LG G3 Cat.6 specifications
- Processor: 2.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE-Advanced
- Other connectivity: A-GPS/GLONASS, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC
- Display: 5.5-inch WQHD (2560×1440/538PPI) IPS
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 32GB
- External storage: MicroSDXC cards up to 128GB
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP with OIS+, dual flash and laser Auto-Focus
- Front-facing camera: 2.1MP with “enhanced selfie mode”
- Battery: Removeable 3,000mAh
- Dimensions: 146.3 × 74.6 × 9.1 millimeters
- Weight: 154 grams
- Colours: Silk white, polished gold, metallic black
- Other: Wireless charging support, metallic skin, 1 watt speaker with amp
The LG G3 Cat.6 will go on sale on July 25 but only in South Korea at this point. With LTE Cat.6 still rare outside of South Korea, it’s unlikely that we will see this variant reach many other markets. Pricing was not announced.
Source : LG Korea