We knew that Rogers and Fido would launch the Moto G with 4G LTE sometime this month. If you were eagerly awaiting its debut, there is good news today. It is now available from both carriers.
Moto G LTE is designed for all the things you want to do — taking and sharing photos, watching videos, checking scores, getting directions, listening to music… you name it. Moto G LTE also gives you choices. Different interchangeable backs called Motorola Shells2 can be switched out to reflect your unique style. Plus, you’ll have access to more than one million apps on Google Play™ to create your own mobile experience. Every detail is just how you’d like it.
As we said when we took a closer look at the Moto G with 4G LTE earlier this month, Motorola has improved on an already great entry-level device, the original Moto G, by adding LTE connectivity and a microSD slot to expand storage.
Here is a reminder of the Moto G with 4G LTE specifications:
- Processor: Quad-core (1.2GHz × 4) Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+ (21Mbps)
- Other connectivity: GPS/GLONASS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 4.5-inch HD (720×1280/329PPI)
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 8GB/16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP with LED flash and 720p HD video capture (30fps)
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP with 720p HD video capture (30fps)
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB
- Battery: Non-removeable 2,070mAh
- Dimensions: 129.9 × 65.9 × 6.0 to 11.6 (due to curvature) millimeters
- Weight: 143 grams
- Colors: Black, White
- Other: FM radio, waterproof coating, 65GB of Google Drive storage
Optional Motorola shells in various colours will also be available at Rogers and Fido retail locations.
Rogers is offering the Moto G with 4G LTE for free with select 2-year plans or CA$224.99 contract-free. Fido is offering very similar pricing with a few more pricing options, including a pre-paid service one.