When Samsung Canada first announced that the Galaxy Alpha was coming to Canada, it indicated that the company’s first metal frame smartphone would be available from a number of Canadian carriers in “the coming months.” It first launched with Bell Mobility and Virgin Mobile Canada and has since slowly made its way to others. The latest to offer the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is Rogers Wireless.
Make a statement with the ultra-slim and lightweight Samsung Galaxy Alpha. With a brushed aluminum frame and a stunning 4.7″ Super AMOLED display, the difference is in the design. Look beyond the sleek exterior and you’ll discover a 12MP rear camera that’s perfect for capturing epic images, not to mention the innovative S Health app for fast access to fitness data. For a smartphone that makes a statement, look no further than the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha specifications:
- Processor: Octa-core (quad 1.8GHz & quad 1.3GHz) Samsung Exynos 5
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE Cat.6 (Cat.4 in Canada)
- Other connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bleutooth 4.0 LE, NFC
- Display: 4.7-inch HD (720×1280) Super AMOLED
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 32GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor ,gesture sensor, fingerprint
- sensor, heart rate sensor
- Battery: 1,860mAh
- Dimensions: 132.4 × 65.5 × 6.7 millimeters
- Weight: 115 grams
- Colours: Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver, Scuba Blue
- Other: Ultra Power Saving Mode
Rogers is offering the Samsung Galaxy Alpha for CA$179.99 with a two-year contract or CA$699.99 contract-free. Only the Charcoal Black model is available.
Source : Rogers Wireless