The Samsung Galaxy Alpha, Samsung’s first smartphone built around an aluminium frame, landed in Canada last month. It has only been available through Bell Mobility and flanker brand Virgin Mobile Canada but it appears that this period of exclusivity is coming to an end. Quebec-based Videotron is teasing on its website that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha is “coming soon.”
Samsung Galaxy Alpha specifications:
- Processor: Octa-core (quad 1.8GHz & quad 1.3GHz) Samsung Exynos 5
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE Cat.6 (Cat.4 in Canada)
- Other connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bleutooth 4.0 LE, NFC
- Display: 4.7-inch HD (720×1280) Super AMOLED
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 32GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: 12MP
- Front-facing camera: 2MP
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor, ambient light sensor, proximity sensor ,gesture sensor, fingerprint
- sensor, heart rate sensor
- Battery: 1,860mAh
- Dimensions: 132.4 × 65.5 × 6.7 millimeters
- Weight: 115 grams
- Colours: Charcoal Black, Dazzling White, Frosted Gold, Sleek Silver, Scuba Blue
- Other: Ultra Power Saving Mode
If the image is any indication, only the black and white models will be available.
There is no word yet on exactly when Videotron will launch the Samsung Galaxy Alpha or for how much. It’s likely that we’ll see pricing close to Bell’s, namely CA$149.95 with select two-year contracts or CA$699.95 contract free.
When Samsung Canada first announced that the Galaxy Alpha was coming to Canada, it indicated that it would launch with Bell first with other Canadian carriers to follow in “the coming months.” This suggests we could see other carriers soon announce it as well.
Source : Videotron