Sony Mobile Communications announced that the Sony Xperia Z3, its latest Xperia Z series flagship smartphone, is coming to Canada on October 31. It will be available through a number of carriers as well as through Sony Stores. Introduced at IFA 2014, the Sony Xperia Z3 is not a major evolution over the Z2 but adds a slightly faster processor, a slightly more compact design and PS4 Remote Play which lets you use your Xperia Z3 as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PlayStation 4 or act as a second screen.
“Consumers demand and deserve greatness from their smartphone – in design, camera and battery life,” said Tim Hernquist, Vice President Marketing for North America, Sony Mobile Communications. “That’s precisely what we deliver with Xperia Z3, delivering leading innovations such as PS4 Remote Play in a beautifully designed, fully waterproof smartphone.”
Sony Xperia Z3 specifications:
- Processor: 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801AC with Adreno 330 GPU
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: A-GPS/GLONASS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, DLNA, NFC
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD (1920×1080) TRILUMINOS
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 128GB
- Rear-facing camera: 20.7MP AF with Sony Exmor RS sensor with 4K video capture
- Front-facing camera: 2.2MP
- Battery: 3,100mAh
- Dimensions: 146.5 × 72 × 7.3 millimeters
- Weight: 152 grams
- Colours: Black, White, Copper, Green
- Other: Waterproof and dust tight (IP65 and IP68-rated), PS4 Remote
In Canada, only the white, black or copper colours will be available.
The Sony Xperia Z3 will be carried by Bell Mobility, MTS, Rogers Wireless, SaskTel, TELUS Mobility and WIND Mobile. An unlocked version will also be available at Sony Stores.