A new infographic posted by Samsung Mobile on its Facebook page has revealed Samsung’s global launch timelines for its new Galaxy Note 4. Having launched last week in its home country of South Korea as well as China, the phablet will now march across the world in a set of launches occuring between October 10 and November 5. Each launch will be marked with an ‘S CARPET’ Galaxy Note4 event.
The map shows a single launch date for both Canada and the U.S. on October 17. As for carriers, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be offered by at least Bell Mobility, Koodo Mobile, MTS, Rogers Wireless, SaskTel, TELUS Mobility, Videotron and WIND Mobile.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 specifications:
- Processor: 2.7GHz quad-core or octa-core (4×1.9GHz & 4×1.3GHz)
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE/HSPA+ 42Mbps/GPRS/EDGE
- Other connectivity: GPS/GLONASS, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Display: 5.7-inch QHD (2560×1440) Super AMOLED
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal storage: 32GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 16MP AF with OIS
- Front-facing camera: 3.7MP
- Ports: USB 2.0, MHL 3.0
- Sensors: UV sensor
- Battery: 3,220mAh
- Dimensions: 153.5 × 78.6 × 8.5 millimeters
- Weight: 176 grams
- Colours: Charcoal Black, Frost White, Bronze Gold, Blossom Pink
- Other: IR remote control
While no Canadian carriers (except Rogers) have begun to take pre-orders so far, a number of U.S. carriers started to do so last month. With a launch just over two weeks from now, we could see Canadian carriers follow suit shortly.
Still missing are pricing details as well as the choice of colours that Canadians will be able to choose from when the Galaxy Note 4 launches. It should also be pointed out that Samsung Canada itself has yet to confirm these details.
Update (2/10/2014): Correction to reflect that Rogers Wireless has begun to take pre-orders.
Source : Facebook (Samsung Mobile)