The ALCATEL ONETOUCH Watch was unveiled just days before CES 2015. It has since gone on sale in a number of markets including Canada and the U.S. This week, it launched in India via Flipkart.
Sporting a sleek, cutting-edge design, the Alcatel Onetouch smartwatch is so much more than just a watch. With a vibrant touchscreen for all your notifications and an embedded USB head for easy charging, this wearable smart device lets you go on for hours without having to check your phone.
“We are delighted to partner with ALCATEL to launch their award winning smartwatch in India. Known for introducing new concepts, we believe that the Alcatel Smartwatch will cater to our tech-savvy customers with its premium design, unique features and smart pricing,” said Amitesh Jha, Vp – Retail, Flipkart.
ALCATEL ONETOUCH Watch specifications:
- Processor: STMicroelectronics STM429
- Operating system: Proprietary
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 1.22-inch
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, altimeter heart rate sensor, e-compass
- Battery: 210mAh
- Dimensions (watch face): 41.8 × 41.8 × 10.5 millimeters
- Dimensions (wristband) 20 × 3.5 millimeters
- Colours: Sporty dark red/volcano black, feminine all-white, classic chrome/dark gray and elegant metal-white
- Other: Dust and water resistant (IP67 rating), compatible with Android and iOS
The ALCATEL ONETOUCH Watch sells for Rs. 7,999 (about US$120 or CA$160). Only the dark/red/volcano black and all-white version are currently available.
Despite concerns by some that wearable adoption may take more time in India than in other markets, a growing number of manufacturers, including Martian, Motorola and Sony, now offer their wearables in India.