Alcatel unveiled its Alcatel ONETOUCH Watch just days before CES 2014. It confirmed that it was coming soon to Canada back in mid-March. We’re one step closer to that launch today with the company’s announcement that it is now available for pre-order for CA$149.99. It is also available for pre-order in the U.S. at the same price.
“We’ve always believed that great technology should be accessible, practical and easy-to-use,” said Steve Cistulli, Senior Vice President & General Manager of North America for ALCATEL ONETOUCH. “With the ALCATEL ONETOUCH Watch, we’ve brought a great looking smartwatch direct to market; at a price that makes this technology accessible to a wide range of consumers.”
Alcatel ONETOUCH Watch specifications:
- Processor: STMicroelectronics STM429
- Operating system: Proprietary
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- Display: 1.22-inch
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, altimeter heart rate sensor, e-compass
- Battery: 210mAh
- Dimensions (watch face): 41.8 × 41.8 × 10.5 millimeters
- Dimensions (wristband) 20 × 3.5 millimeters
- Colours: Sporty dark red/volcano black, feminine all-white, classic chrome/dark gray and elegant metal-white
- Other: Dust and water resistant (IP67 rating)
Alcatel developed its own proprietary operating system for the ONETOUCH Watch. Power consumption was one area that the company emphasized and it claims a battery life of several days. It also bundled a full site of apps that include active health monitoring, phone notifications, music controls and heartrate monitoring. It is also possible to shake the watch to activate camera controls.
Alcatel is currently only offering the ONETOUCH Watch in black. The other options will launch later this year.
Sources : Alcatel (Canada) // Alcatel (U.S.)