Motorola Canada today informed us via email that the new Moto 360 smartwatch will finally be available in Canada starting on October 28th. It will be carried by Best Buy Canada (which has been taking pre-orders since early September), TELUS Mobility and the Google Store.
The new Moto 360 has more styles, more features and more battery, offering countless design possibilities to suit your tastes, plus new experiences that will free you up to do more of the things you love. With the second generation, we’ve refined the classic and timeless design and created a watch collection specifically designed for men and women, in both 46mm and 42mm options.
Motorola Moto 360 (2015) specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with 450MHz Adreno 305 GPU
- Operating system: Google Android Wear 1.3
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Display (46mm): 1.56-inch (360×330 / 233PPI) backlit LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Display (42mm): 1.37-inch (360×325 / 263PPI) backlit LCD with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, vibration/haptics engine
- Battery (46mm): 400mAh
- Battery (42mm): 300mAh
- Dimensions (46mm): 46 × 46 × 11.4 millimeters
- Dimensions (42mm): 42 × 42 × 11.4 millimeters
- Other: Wireless charging, dual digital microphones
Canadian prices for the new Moto 360 start at CA$379.99 for the 42mm model with a leather strap. They top out at CA$499.99 for the 46mm model with metal bracelet.
It remains to be seen if the Moto 360 Sport which is geared at fitness enthusiasts will follow in the coming weeks.