Pebble is not losing any time in making improvements to its new Pebble Time smartwatch. The company released firmware 3.1 only twenty days ago but today announced Pebble Time firmware 3.2. Whereas the last firmware focused on bug fixes, the new 3.2 version adds a number of new features, many of which were requested by Pebblers.
Among the improvements are new backlight settings to adjust intensity and time-out duration and new font and vibration settings. A new Dismiss All notifications action has also been added. Android users also got added support for a greater selection of music players with Pandora, Spotify and Songza among the new additions.
To update your Pebble Time to firmware 3.2, simply select Menu > Support > Update Your Pebble from the Pebble Time app.
Pebble also released a new Pebble Time app for Android. Version 3.2 adds a couple of new features, including a new search bar that makes it easier to find saved apps and watch faces in the My Pebble menu. The updated app is now available from the Google Play Store.
Pebble Time Firmware 3.2 Release Notes:
- New Backlight settings: Adjust intensity and time-out duration.
- New Font Size settings: Adjust the displayed font size in notifications, layouts, and other areas of the system.
- New Vibration settings: Adjust the vibration strength for notifications, incoming calls,alerts, etc. Default vibration setting is less strong than the previous default. Vibration strength increases automatically if watch is in motion.
- Music (Android): Added support for most music players (e.g. Pandora, Spotify, Songza), improved display of track metadata, play/pause detection (app now displays separate pause and play icons to match current playback status).
- Notifications: A collection of improvements and fixes to enhance the notifications experience, including a new Dismiss All action.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Pebble Time App for Android 3.2.0 Release Notes
- New: Search bar to find saved apps and watch faces in your My Pebble menu.
- New: Notification preferences are now preserved after updating the Android app to a new version.
- Improved: Support for setting up long canned replies to notifications.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements to version 3.1.1.
Pebble also reconfirmed plans to update the Pebble and Pebble Steel to its new Pebble Timeline operating system. The update will roll out later this year but the company still does not have an exact time frame.
Source : Pebble Blog