Following the update of the Pebble Time Android and iOS apps last week, Pebble today announced the release of a new firmware for its Pebble Time and Pebble Time Steel smartwatches. Firmware 3.4 comes with two key new features.
Quiet time allows you to silence notifications and vibrations when you don’t want to be disturbed. A number of settings allow you to configure this to your specific needs. For example, the Manual setting lets you turn Quiet Time on and off on the fly while the Calendar Aware one activates Quiet Time during scheduled calendar events.
Stand-By Mode helps improve battery life by automatically deactivating Bluetooth when the watch is motionless for 30 minutes. Normal operation resumes when the Pebble Time is picked up, worn or moved. A Pebble in Stand-By mode can draw up to 50% less power.
Stand-by Mode is still in beta and is initially turned off. To turn it on, go to Settings > System.
For international users, firmware 3.4 also adds full French, German, and Spanish localizations.
Pebble Time Firmware 3.4 change log:
- C’est bon, Wunderbar, Olé! Set the display and voice language for Pebble Time or Pebble Time Steel to French, German, or Spanish. Also requires the latest Pebble Time smartphone apps.
- Quiet Time: Turn off notifications to your Pebble when you don’t want to be disturbed. Toggle settings for Manual, Calendar Aware, Weekdays, Weekends, and Interruptions.
- Stand-by Mode (Beta): A power-saving feature that automatically deactivates Bluetooth on Pebble after being stationary for 30 minutes.
- Improved calendar and reminder details on timeline.
- Bug fixes and stability improvements to version 3.3.
To update your Pebble Time to the latest firmware, simply Select Menu > Support > Update Your Pebble within your Pebble Time app.
Make sure to also update your app if you have not already done so to take advantage of the new features.