Samsung unveiled its latest smartwatch just before IFA 2015 kicked off. While it did not announce pricing and availability for the Samsung Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic at the time, it later revealed that the new round smartwatches would arrive in Canada in early October. Best Buy Canada has now begun to take pre-orders in anticipation of that launch.
It’s all on the wrist with the Samsung Gear S2, a stylish smartwatch that tracks your activity to provide health and fitness insights, and syncs with your smartphone to keep you connected. The WiFi and Bluetooth enabled timepiece sports a circular 1.2″ touchscreen, protected by Gorilla Glass. It’s water resistant, with an anti-scratch and dustproof design.
Samsung Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic specifications:
- Processor: 1.0GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Samsung Tizen
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Cellular connectivity (Gear S2 3G): None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Display: 1.2-inch Super AMOLED (360×360 / 302PPI)
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate, ambient light, barometer
- Battery: 250mAh
- Dimensions (Gear S2): 42.3 × 49.8 × 11.4 millimeters
- Dimensions (Gear S2 classic): 39.9 × 43.6 × 11.4 millimeters
- Weight (Gear S2): 47 grams
- Weight (Gear S2 classic): 42 grams
- Colours (Gear S2): Dark Gray, Silver
- Colours (Gear S2 classic): Black
- Other: Wireless charging, dust and water resistant (rated IP68)
The Samsung Gear S2 is available in both Dark Gray and Silver for CA$399.99. The Samsung Gear S2 classic can be pre-ordered for CA$429.99. All three models are listed with an arrival date of October 2nd.
Best Buy this week also began to take pre-orders for the Moto 360 from Motorola.
Source: Best Buy Canada