Details about the Samsung Gear A, codenamed Samsung Orbis during development, have been slowly trickling out for a while now. With rumours suggesting that the next Samsung Unpacked event will take place on August 12th instead of early September, it may not be much longer before we can see what Samsung what came up with as it worked on its “more perfect” smartwatch.
Samsung may have less to reveal that day as another leak today has given us a fairly comprehensive list of its specifications. Some were already known but we now appear to have a clearer picture of what we’ll find under the hood (or the dial?):
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos 3472 with Mali-400 MP4 GPU
- Operating system: Samsung Tizen
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth 4.1 (variant to include 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi)
- Display: 360×360 pixel circular display (confirmed by the latest Gear SDK)
- RAM: 768 MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer and heart rate sensor
- Battery: 250mAh
- Other: Digital crown, rotating bezel ring
A concept has already given a taste of what it could look like as well:
Samsung is expected to unveil the Samsung Gear A at its Unpacked event on August 12th alongside the Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge Plus and new Samsung Pay mobile payment .
Source : SamMobile