Additional details have emerged about the Elephone ELE-Watch. Elephone is far from a well-known name in North America but its first Android Wear smartwatch could start to change that. The Elephone ELE-Watch has now popped up on online retailer GearBest‘s website with new details in tow. It is billed as “the next step in smart watch evolution.”
In terms of specifications, here is what we now know:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core MediaTek MT2601 SoC
- Operating system: Google Android Wear
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 1.5-inch (320×320) TFT
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Sensors: Gyroscope, heart rate monitor
- Battery: 400mAh
- Weight: 60 grams
- Colours: Silver
- Other: Waterproof (IP 67 rating)
From the renders and details, we also know that the Elephone ELE-Watch will come with a metal case and metal band. Despite having apparently fairly thin bezels, it uses the full round display without the need for a flat tire design that cuts off a portion of the display.
Where the Elephone ELE-Watch could really make its mark is its price. It is listed for about US$115 (about CA$150) after a hefty 63% discount and free shipping.
Unfortunately, there is still no word on when it will begin to ship. You can sign up with GearBest to be notified via email though. Elephone’s own website still lists it as “coming soon” with no other information.