Motorola earlier this week unveiled its latest smartphones. The first to launch in Canada will be the latest iteration of the inexpensive Moto G which the company first introduced back in 2013.
Much as last year’s Moto G improved on the original model with a few key hardware upgrades, the latest model improves on last year’s with better front and rear cameras, a larger battery and making it water resistant (with an IPX7 rating).
Moto G (2015) specifications:
- Processor: 1.4GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916)
- Operating system: Google Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Cellular connectivity (XT1540): LTE (2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17), UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 1700/AWS, 1900, 2100 MHz), GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Location services: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Display: 5-inch HD (1280×720 / 294 ppi) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 8GB / 16GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 32GB
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP
- Front-facing camera: 5MP
- Sensors: Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, proximity
- Dimensions: 142.1 × 72.4 × 6.1-11.6 millimeters
- Weight: 155 grams
- Colours: Black or white with optional Motorola Shells available in a variety of colors
- Other: Water-resistant (IPX7)
The third generation Moto G will launch in Canada on July 31st with Bell Mobility, Koodo, TELUS Mobility and Virgin Mobile. Wind Mobile will also be carrying but the launch will follow in a few weeks.
Exact pricing has not been announced but expect the Moto G (2015) to be available for about CA$200 outright or free with a two-year contract.
Update (7/31/2015): The Moto G (2015) is now available in Canada (only in black so far) and here is the official pricing:
- Bell Mobility: CA$199.99 outright or CA$0 with a two-year contract
- Koodo Mobile: CA$216 or CA$0 with the Tab
- Telus Mobility: CA$230 outright or CA$0 with a two-year contract
- Virgin Mobile Canada: CA$199.99 outright or CA$0 with a two-year contract