Sales of the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE were cancelled last year just days after launch due to a “hardware issue.” It appears that LG has resolved the issue and the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE is now once more available for pre-order with sales set to start by the end of the month.
The 2nd Edition smartwatch improves upon the original LG Watch Urbane by offering cellular connectivity, a larger display and a more compact design.
While LG never specified exactly what triggered the initial cancellation, it did indicate that it was a “hardware issue which affects the day-to-day functionality of the device.” One report suggested that the component in question had the “potential to reduce image quality on the device.”
LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android Wear
- Cellular connectivity: 4G/3G
- Other connectivity: GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Display: 1.38-inch (480×480, 348ppi) P-OLED
- RAM: 768MB LPDDR3
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: None
- Front-facing camera: None
- Sensors: 9-Axis gyroscope, accelerometer, compass, barometer, PPG (heart rate sensor)
- Battery: 570mAh
- Dimensions: 44.5 × 44.5 × 14.2 millimeters
- Colours: Space Black / Opal Blue / Luxe White / Signature Brown
- Other: Dust and water resistant (IP67 rating)
The LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition LTE can now be pre-ordered for US$199.99 from AT&T with a two-year contract. It can also be yours for US$99.99 with the purchase of an LG G5 smartphone and a two-year AT&T Next plan.
It’s not clear if Verizon Wireless which also briefly offered the smartwatch will resume sales as well.
Source : AT&T