Casio unveiled its rugged Android Wear-powered Casio WSD-F10 Smart Outdoor Watch at CES 2016. At the event, Casio said that it would launch first in Japan in March with the U.S. set to follow in April. If you’ve been itching to order one, you will not have much longer to wait as the WSD-F10 will go on sale in the U.S. on March 25th at 00:00 EST courtesy of a number of retailers.
Geared at outdoor enthusiasts, the WSD-F10 comes with a dual layer display with both a monochrome and colour LCD. The monochrome Timepiece Mode displays only watch data only but helps to significantly prolong battery life while the latter displays measurement data and apps in full colour.
It also offers a number of applications focused on outdoor activities and sports. It can display information such as compass direction, air pressure and altitude, sunrise and sunset times, changes in the natural environment, tide graphs and real-time activity graphs. This data is also synced back to the Casio Moment Setter+ smartphone app.
Casio WSD-F10 Smart Outdoor Watch specifications
- Operating system: Google Android Wear
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 g/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- Display: 1.32-inch (320×300) dual-layer with colour TFT LCD and monochrome LCD
- Sensors: Pressure (air pressure, altitude) sensor, accelerometer, gyrometer, compass (magnetic) sensor
- Battery: Lithium-ion
- Dimensions: 61.7 × 56.4 × 15.7 millimeters
- Weight: 93 grams (including watchband)
- Water resistance: 5ATM (50 meters)
- Colours: Green, Orange, Black, Red
- Strap: Urethane plastic
- Other: MIL-STD-810 certification
The Casio WSD-F10 Smart Outdoor Watch will be available on March 25th from Casio’s online store as well as Amazon.com, the Google Store and REI Co-op. Four colours, green, orange, black and red, will be offered. It will sell for about US$500 (about CA$650). There is no word yet on availability in other markets.
Source : ShopCasio.com