The secret surrounding the Moto G is about to be revealed. Motorola today sent out press invitations asking us to save November 13 for some kind of announcement.
As for clues to what Motorola has in mind, the only one we have is the hashtag #MotoG.
Should the latest rumours turn out to be true, the Moto G will be an entry- to mid-range level variant of the Moto X with the following specifications (with a few inconsistencies):
- Processor: 1.5GHz (or 1.2GHz) quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro
- Operating system: Google Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Cellular connectivity: Quad-band HSPA+
- Other connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 4.7- or 4.5-inch HD (720×1280)
- Internal storage: 8GB/16GB
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP
- Battery: 1,950mAh
It remains to be seen if it will have the same software features as the Moto X, including Touchless Control, Active Display which turns on portions of the display for notifications and Quick Capture.
Motorola has also launched a teaser page where people can sign up for a live announcement on November 13.
Needless to say, November 13 is in our calendar and we’ll bring you all the details.