We may still be waiting for a Moto X Google Play edition but Google today announced the Moto G Google Play edition. Available in either 8GB or 16GB configuration, it sells for US$179 and US$199 respectively.
With the Moto G already being pretty close to stock Android, there should not be too many differences between it and the regular version of the Moto G. But those looking for an absolutely stock Android experience now have one more device to choose from and a very inexpensive one to boot.
Motorola Moto G Google Play edition specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400
- Operating system: Google Android 4.4 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: GPRS/EDGE/HSPA+ 21Mbps
- Other connectivity: GPS/GLONASS, 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Display: 4.5-inch HD (720×1280/329PPI)
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 8GB or 16GB
- External storage: None
- Rear-facing camera: 5MP at 4:3 and 3.8MP at 16:9 with LED flash and 720p HD video capture (30fps)
- Front-facing camera: 1.3MP with 720p HD video capture (30fps)
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB
- Battery: Non-removeable 2,070mAh
- Dimensions: 129.9 × 65.9 × 6.0 to 11.6 (due to curvature) millimeters
- Weight: 143 grams
- Colours: Black
- Other: FM radio, waterproof coating
The Moto G Google Play edition is currently only available in the U.S. There is no word on whether it will be made available in Canada or other regions at a later date.