It’s turning out to be a busy day for the Moto G. Along with the announcement that the Moto G was coming soon to Virgin Mobile Canada, a new software update is rolling out to TELUS and Koodo owners of the smartphone. Version 173.44.30.en.CA is a maintenance release that addresses a number of issues, most of which center around call quality. The changelog identifies the following fixed problems:
- Fixed an issue which caused temporary cellular network loss for a small number of Moto G customers
- Fixed wallpaper cropping issue
- Resolved USB OTG support issue with USB drives
- Fixed low call volume experience by some users
- Fixed an issue with ending calls originated from a Moto G on TELUS/Koodo
The update is relatively small at only 8.5MB in size. It started rolling out this morning. If you have yet to receive a notification about the update, you can trigger a manual check via Settings -> About phone -> System Updates -> Check now.
The update ran without any issues on our Moto G. We’ll put it to the test now to see if how the call quality has improved.