Hublot’s contribution to the upcoming Only Watch 2015 auction is a unique Classic Fusion model created in partnership with Brazilian artist Romero Britto. Inspired by the Pop Art and Cubism art movements, it features a colourful and eye-catching dial. Britto also managed to incorporate the Only Watch logo into the design – You may need to look carefully for it as it blends well into the vibrant array of patterns.
Britto’s art work is reproduced on the white gold dial by an enameller who applies thin layers of the champlevé Grand Feu enamel and fixes them through successive firings at a temperature of approximately 800°C.
Hublot Classic Fusion Only Watch Britto specifications:
- Caliber: Hand-wound mechanical HUB1302
- Case diameter: 45mm
- Case material: Polished black ceramic
- Dial material: Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Dial colour: 18K white gold decorated with “Champlevé Grand Feu” enamel Britto design
- Power reserve: 90 hours
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Strap: Red alligator strap stitched onto black rubber with white stitching
Marking a first for the Only Watch auction, the Hublot Classic Fusion Only Watch Britto will be auctioned along with the canvas that inspired it. The auction which will raise funds for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy will take place on November 7th.