The Samsung Gear S2 is now available in the U.S. (as well as Canada and a few other markets). We’ve known since mid-September that the 3G-enabled version of Samsung’s first round smartwatch is also coming to the U.S. (along with South Korea) but specific availability and pricing information was not available earlier. T-Mobile USA and Verizon Wireless have now revealed these important details.
T-Mobile will offer the Samsung Gear S2 3G starting on November 15th. It will sell for US$359.99 outright but will also be available for a monthly fee on contract.
The Gear S2 3G is coming to Verizon Wireless a bit earlier. It will be available for purchase online and in stores beginning on November 6th. It will also be slightly cheaper at US$349.99 outright or US$299.99 with a two-year contract.
Samsung Gear S2 3G specifications:
- Processor: 1.0GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Samsung Tizen
- Cellular connectivity: 3G
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Display: 1.2-inch Super AMOLED (360×360 / 302PPI)
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate, ambient light, barometer
- Battery: 300mAh
- Dimensions: 44.0 × 51.8 × 13.4 millimeters
- Weight: 51 grams
- Other: Wireless charging, dust and water resistant (rated IP68)
Are you planning to pick up the Samsung Gear S2 3G? Let us know below.
Sources : T-Mobile USA // Verizon Wireless