After being only available as a pre-order through Best Buy since early September, Samsung Canada yesterday announced that the Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch which was unveiled just before IFA 2015 has landed in Canada. It is now carried by a number of retailers including Samsung’s own Samsung Experience Stores, Bell Mobility, TELUS Mobility among others.
Samsung Gear S2 and Gear S2 classic specifications:
- Processor: 1.0GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Samsung Tizen
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Cellular connectivity (Gear S2 3G): None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Display: 1.2-inch Super AMOLED (360×360 / 302PPI)
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate, ambient light, barometer
- Battery: 250mAh
- Dimensions (Gear S2): 42.3 × 49.8 × 11.4 millimeters
- Dimensions (Gear S2 classic): 39.9 × 43.6 × 11.4 millimeters
- Weight (Gear S2): 47 grams
- Weight (Gear S2 classic): 42 grams
- Colours (Gear S2): Dark Gray, Silver
- Colours (Gear S2 classic): Black
- Other: Wireless charging, dust and water resistant (rated IP68)
The Samsung Gear S2 sells for CA$399.99 in either Silver or Dark Gray while the Samsung Gear S2 classic sells for CA$449.99 in black with a leather wrist band.
You may want to check with your local retailer before heading down though. For example, the Samsung Gear S2 classic still does not show as available in a number of Toronto stores while the Samsung Gear S2 appears to be more widely available (although it is sold out online). Both Bell and TELUS only carry the Gear S2 as well.