Google and Apple are not the only companies offering a digital personal assistant that can provide a range of functions and services by responding to a user’s voice. Amazon offers a similar assistant on devices like the Amazon Echo and Amazon Tap. Alexa could soon be coming to your wrist thanks to an Indiegogo campaign for the CoWatch.
With a design philosophy that marries style with accessibility, CoWatch packs next-level features, while being one of the most affordable smartwatches on the market. As the world’s first smartwatch to integrate Alexa, Amazon’s advanced voice-recognition software, CoWatch is your perfect companion into the future.
Developed by a Chinese company called iMCO, the CoWatch is billed as “the world’s first Amazon Alexa integrated smartwatch.” Much like Amazon’s own devices, it will provide the same services from your wrist. As long as it is connected to a Wi-Fi network or your smartphone’s data connection, it can let you make a phone call, provide traffic or weather reports and more, all triggered by a simple voice command.
The CoWatch is powered by a new mobile operating system called Cronologics. Based on Android, it promises to be compatible with both Android (5.0+) and iOS (9.0+). Behind Cronologics is IFTTT and Google veteran Leor Stern.
iMCO CoWatch specifications:
- Processor: 1.2GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Cronologics OS
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Display: 1.39-inch (400×400 / 286 PPI) Super AMOLED touchscreen
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 8GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, digital compass, heart rate sensor, haptic motor
- Case material: Stainless steel and ceramiczirconia composite
- Battery: 300mAh
- Dimensions: 1.72 × 1.72 × 0.48 inches
- Water resistance: IP67 certification
- Colours: Mineral Silver or Carbon Black
- Other: Built-in speaker and microphone, wireless charging
Currently only available with a Milanese band, iMCO has hinted that leather strap options could be announced during the campaign.
There is good news for Canadians. iMCO has confirmed that the CoWatch will work in Canada despite the fact that Amazon has yet to bring its Alexa hardware here.
The CoWatch met its US$80,000 goal within 48 hours of going live. You can back one for yourself for US$179. You can also pick up two for US$310 .
Production of the first 800 smartwatches is already underway and early backers should receive their orders in June. Other orders are expected to ship within ninety days of the close of the campaign.
Source : Indiegogo