Samsung unveiled a new version of its Gear S2 smartwatch at Baselworld 2016. It collaborated with Swiss jewelry and watchmaker de GRISOGONO to come up with the aptly named Samsung Gear S2 by de GRISOGONO. Set to go on sale sometime this summer, Samsung did not announce pricing for its limited edition smartwatch at the event.
Germany’s AllAboutSamsung has learned that the Samsung Gear S2 by de GRISOGONO will sell for US$15,000 (about CA$19,400). What makes it so expensive, you wonder. Aside from being a limited edition of only 100 pieces, it is decorated with 56 white diamonds (about 1.2 carats) and 71 black diamonds (about 1.8 carats). The case, finished in rose gold is complemented by black DLC-coated stainless steel accents.
Other specifications of this limited edition version of the Gear S2 are unchanged from the other models.
Samsung Gear S2 by de GRISOGONO specifications:
- Processor: 1.0GHz dual-core
- Operating system: Samsung Tizen
- Cellular connectivity: None
- Other connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC
- Display: 1.2-inch Super AMOLED (360×360 / 302PPI)
- RAM: 512MB
- Internal storage: 4GB
- External storage: None
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyroscope, heart rate, ambient light, barometer
- Battery: 250mAh
- Dimensions: 39.9 × 43.6 × 11.4 millimeters
- Weight: 42 grams
- Colours: Black and Rose Gold with over 100 diamonds
- Strap: Black Galuchat
- Other: Wireless charging, dust and water resistant (rated IP68)
The limited edition Samsung Gear S2 by de GRISOGONO will go on sale this summer through both Samsung and de GRISOGONO’s retail channels.
Sources : AllAboutSamsung // SamMobile