Less than a month after unveiling the new Moto X Play, along with the Moto G (2015) and Moto X Stylus (which is not expected to come to Canada), Motorola’s de facto flagship smartphone for the next year or so today landed in Canada.
Moto X Play specifications:
- Processor: Motorola Mobile Computing System (1.7GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, Adreno 405 GPU, natural language processor, contextual computing processor)
- Operating system: Google Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Cellular connectivity: GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS/HSPA+, LTE
- Other connectivity: Dual-band 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Location services: GPS
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 / 403PPI) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal storage: 16GB
- Rear-facing camera: 21MP
- Front-facing camera: 5MP
- Battery: 3630mAh with Turbo Charging
- Dimensions: 148.0 × 75.0 × 8.9-10.9 millimeters
- Weight: 169 grams
- Colours: Black
- Other: Water-resistant (IPX7)
The Moto X Play comes with a TurboPower 15 charger which lets you get eight hours of power with 15 minutes of charging when purchased through TELUS Mobility or Koodo Mobile.
The carriers offering the Moto X Play are:
- Bell Mobility: Starting at CA$49.99 on a two-year contract or CA$449.99 outright
- Koodo Mobile: Starting at CA$0.00 with Tab or CA$410 outright
- SaskTel: Starting at CA$99.99 on a two-year contract or CA$399.99 outright
- TELUS Mobility: Starting at CA$50 with a two-year contract or CA$420 outright
- Videotron: Starting at CA$0.00 on a two-year contract or CA$399.95 outright
- WIND Mobile: Coming soon
If you’re looking for a cheaper alternative, the Moto G (2015) is also available in Canada for about CA$200 outright.
Who’s picking up a Moto X Play? Let us know below.